Can you blame a red-blooded male for being dazzled by the coruscating curves on display at his local strip joint? To answer my own rhetorical question, yes, you can—in fact, women do so every day. But I have a feeling fans of G-Scott will empathize with his plight on new single Lightshow. This “trippy club anthem” finds the Gary, Indiana representative recounting how a close encounter with an alluring pole dancer had him questioning his morals even as he showered her with bills. Jesse Black provides the musical backdrop for Scott’s debauched bars, pairing an off-kilter marimba riff with syncopated, handclap-accented percussion. Has this innovative ode ot ignorant behavior whet your appetite for more? Then don’t miss the rest of the dope material to be found on G-Scott’s Booth-hosted 1983 mixtape, scheduled for release sometime in October.
Written by richard on 09/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.