G-Scott is the third rail of the hip-hop game—if you touch the Gary, Indiana rhymesayer, you’re liable to get f**ked up and stay that way. On High Voltage, the official lead single off his next street release, Scott reminds us that higher education isn’t commensurate with smarts. Backed by El Schmitty‘s moody boardwork, the artist delivers some of the grimiest and cleverest bars I’ve heard in a hot minute: “College dropout, smarter than you graduates / That piece of paper though will prolly be the death of him / That’s ‘cause they dread Scott, feelin’ like Dred Scott / vs. Sanford, I’m like Redd Foxx.” Has this electrifying cut left your craving more? You can watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the early-August release of Scott’s next EP, King of Nowhere.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.