G-Scott is the third rail of the hip-hop game—if you touch the Gary, Indiana rhymesayer, you’re liable to get f**ked up and stay that way. On High Voltage, the official lead single off his next street release, Scott reminds us that higher education isn’t commensurate with smarts. Backed by El Schmitty‘s moody boardwork, the artist delivers some of the grimiest and cleverest bars I’ve heard in a hot minute: “College dropout, smarter than you graduates / That piece of paper though will prolly be the death of him / That’s ‘cause they dread Scott, feelin’ like Dred Scott / vs. Sanford, I’m like Redd Foxx.” Has this electrifying cut left your craving more? You can watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the early-August release of Scott’s next EP, King of Nowhere.
Written by richard on 07/7/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)