G-Scott is the third rail of the hip-hop game—if you touch the Gary, Indiana rhymesayer, you’re liable to get f**ked up and stay that way. On High Voltage, the official lead single off his next street release, Scott reminds us that higher education isn’t commensurate with smarts. Backed by El Schmitty‘s moody boardwork, the artist delivers some of the grimiest and cleverest bars I’ve heard in a hot minute: “College dropout, smarter than you graduates / That piece of paper though will prolly be the death of him / That’s ‘cause they dread Scott, feelin’ like Dred Scott / vs. Sanford, I’m like Redd Foxx.” Has this electrifying cut left your craving more? You can watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the early-August release of Scott’s next EP, King of Nowhere.
Written by richard on 07/7/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.