G-Scott is the third rail of the hip-hop game—if you touch the Gary, Indiana rhymesayer, you’re liable to get f**ked up and stay that way. On High Voltage, the official lead single off his next street release, Scott reminds us that higher education isn’t commensurate with smarts. Backed by El Schmitty‘s moody boardwork, the artist delivers some of the grimiest and cleverest bars I’ve heard in a hot minute: “College dropout, smarter than you graduates / That piece of paper though will prolly be the death of him / That’s ‘cause they dread Scott, feelin’ like Dred Scott / vs. Sanford, I’m like Redd Foxx.” Has this electrifying cut left your craving more? You can watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the early-August release of Scott’s next EP, King of Nowhere.
Written by richard on 07/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.