G-Scott is the third rail of the hip-hop game—if you touch the Gary, Indiana rhymesayer, you’re liable to get f**ked up and stay that way. On High Voltage, the official lead single off his next street release, Scott reminds us that higher education isn’t commensurate with smarts. Backed by El Schmitty‘s moody boardwork, the artist delivers some of the grimiest and cleverest bars I’ve heard in a hot minute: “College dropout, smarter than you graduates / That piece of paper though will prolly be the death of him / That’s ‘cause they dread Scott, feelin’ like Dred Scott / vs. Sanford, I’m like Redd Foxx.” Has this electrifying cut left your craving more? You can watch our pages for further song releases leading up to the early-August release of Scott’s next EP, King of Nowhere.
Written by richard on 07/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.