Fans of Gary, Indiana lyricist G-Scott may have become well acquainted with the emcee’s knack for street storytelling, but on his newest song release the rapper takes a much different approach. Titled Fool’s Gold, the spitter’s latest record finds him joined by Chicago songstress Njomza and together the unexpected duo tell a familiar tale of both love and heartache. At the start of Fool’s Gold listeners are met with Njomza’s hypnotizing vocals before being immersed in G’s love-laced first verse. Production from DoLa completes the musical package as the beatsmith complements the chemistry between the two artists with a whimsical, percussion-heavy beat. Fool’s Gold will be featured on the Indiana rhymedropper’s forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted 1983 mix-album, which is due out in November.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.