Fans of Gary, Indiana lyricist G-Scott may have become well acquainted with the emcee’s knack for street storytelling, but on his newest song release the rapper takes a much different approach. Titled Fool’s Gold, the spitter’s latest record finds him joined by Chicago songstress Njomza and together the unexpected duo tell a familiar tale of both love and heartache. At the start of Fool’s Gold listeners are met with Njomza’s hypnotizing vocals before being immersed in G’s love-laced first verse. Production from DoLa completes the musical package as the beatsmith complements the chemistry between the two artists with a whimsical, percussion-heavy beat. Fool’s Gold will be featured on the Indiana rhymedropper’s forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted 1983 mix-album, which is due out in November.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.