Fans of Gary, Indiana lyricist G-Scott may have become well acquainted with the emcee’s knack for street storytelling, but on his newest song release the rapper takes a much different approach. Titled Fool’s Gold, the spitter’s latest record finds him joined by Chicago songstress Njomza and together the unexpected duo tell a familiar tale of both love and heartache. At the start of Fool’s Gold listeners are met with Njomza’s hypnotizing vocals before being immersed in G’s love-laced first verse. Production from DoLa completes the musical package as the beatsmith complements the chemistry between the two artists with a whimsical, percussion-heavy beat. Fool’s Gold will be featured on the Indiana rhymedropper’s forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted 1983 mix-album, which is due out in November.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.