Fans of Gary, Indiana lyricist G-Scott may have become well acquainted with the emcee’s knack for street storytelling, but on his newest song release the rapper takes a much different approach. Titled Fool’s Gold, the spitter’s latest record finds him joined by Chicago songstress Njomza and together the unexpected duo tell a familiar tale of both love and heartache. At the start of Fool’s Gold listeners are met with Njomza’s hypnotizing vocals before being immersed in G’s love-laced first verse. Production from DoLa completes the musical package as the beatsmith complements the chemistry between the two artists with a whimsical, percussion-heavy beat. Fool’s Gold will be featured on the Indiana rhymedropper’s forthcoming, DJBooth-hosted 1983 mix-album, which is due out in November.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.