Usually, an Epiphany involves suddenly seeing something in a new and unprecedented light. On his latest feature, the lead single off G-Scott‘s forthcoming full-length Another Weekend in Los Vegas, the Gary, Indiana native does experience a revelation, but it only confirms what he already knew to be true—namely, that he’s got the skills and the tenacity to transform his dreams into reality. The artist’s introspective, yet dynamic bars come backed by the slow-rolling percussion and bluesy piano chords of Fakulty Studios. Los Vegas isn’t slated for release till 2014, but G-Scott plans to drop another digital album, King of Nowhere, before year’s end. It isn’t a striking realization that the 1983 is one busy man.
Written by richard on 10/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.