While G-Scott kept busy during the first quarter of 2013—his last feature, March’s Adult Swim, came on the heels of January’s Booth-hosted 1983 LP—he has been relatively quiet in the past few months. In this, “What have you done for me lately?” industry, even a few months of silence will cause people to say, “Oh, he fell off,” or, “He’s gone for good.” On his latest single, Scott offers those naysayers some advice: Don’t Say That. Well, I guess you could say it, but you will sound like a fool, because Scott’s flow is so on-point that any attempt to hate will cripple your credibility. In addition to delivering razor-sharp verses, the Gary, Indiana native produces the cloudy, winding instrumental. This record is slated to appear on G-Scott’s forthcoming King of Nowhere EP, which has yet to be assigned a release date.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.