While G-Scott kept busy during the first quarter of 2013—his last feature, March’s Adult Swim, came on the heels of January’s Booth-hosted 1983 LP—he has been relatively quiet in the past few months. In this, “What have you done for me lately?” industry, even a few months of silence will cause people to say, “Oh, he fell off,” or, “He’s gone for good.” On his latest single, Scott offers those naysayers some advice: Don’t Say That. Well, I guess you could say it, but you will sound like a fool, because Scott’s flow is so on-point that any attempt to hate will cripple your credibility. In addition to delivering razor-sharp verses, the Gary, Indiana native produces the cloudy, winding instrumental. This record is slated to appear on G-Scott’s forthcoming King of Nowhere EP, which has yet to be assigned a release date.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.