If G-Scott flipped the script with his last feature, trippy strip-club anthem Lightshow, then you can consider the script right-side-up again; the newly-released Cold Chicken is as different from its predecessor as that cut was from the grimy 4 Finger Ring Raps. This time around, the Gary, Indiana rhymesayer tries his hand at cinematic street storytelling; backed by RMB Justize‘s ominous, boom-bap infused production, Scott spins a tale that begins with Scott unloading a Five Guys double cheeseburger in the john and ends with an irate rapper unloading lead in his direction. What are we supposed to take away from the narrative? To quote the man himself, “Moral now of this story, and the whole reason I’m rappin / is to say any given time a n**ga could get to clapping / Maybe for a just cause, or maybe for a reaction / Consequence of another n**ga’s ill-minded actions.” Fans can find this skillfully-told rap parable and much more on Booth-hosted LP 1983, set to hit our front page in October.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.