If G-Scott flipped the script with his last feature, trippy strip-club anthem Lightshow, then you can consider the script right-side-up again; the newly-released Cold Chicken is as different from its predecessor as that cut was from the grimy 4 Finger Ring Raps. This time around, the Gary, Indiana rhymesayer tries his hand at cinematic street storytelling; backed by RMB Justize‘s ominous, boom-bap infused production, Scott spins a tale that begins with Scott unloading a Five Guys double cheeseburger in the john and ends with an irate rapper unloading lead in his direction. What are we supposed to take away from the narrative? To quote the man himself, “Moral now of this story, and the whole reason I’m rappin / is to say any given time a n**ga could get to clapping / Maybe for a just cause, or maybe for a reaction / Consequence of another n**ga’s ill-minded actions.” Fans can find this skillfully-told rap parable and much more on Booth-hosted LP 1983, set to hit our front page in October.
Written by richard on 09/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.