If G-Scott flipped the script with his last feature, trippy strip-club anthem Lightshow, then you can consider the script right-side-up again; the newly-released Cold Chicken is as different from its predecessor as that cut was from the grimy 4 Finger Ring Raps. This time around, the Gary, Indiana rhymesayer tries his hand at cinematic street storytelling; backed by RMB Justize‘s ominous, boom-bap infused production, Scott spins a tale that begins with Scott unloading a Five Guys double cheeseburger in the john and ends with an irate rapper unloading lead in his direction. What are we supposed to take away from the narrative? To quote the man himself, “Moral now of this story, and the whole reason I’m rappin / is to say any given time a n**ga could get to clapping / Maybe for a just cause, or maybe for a reaction / Consequence of another n**ga’s ill-minded actions.” Fans can find this skillfully-told rap parable and much more on Booth-hosted LP 1983, set to hit our front page in October.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!