When you think of notable hip-hop producers, Flying Lotus might not be the first name that comes to mind. Sure, the grandnephew of John Coltrane is a exceptional beatsmith, but his experimental boardwork doesn’t exactly scream “hip-hop.” Recently, however, he’s become a hot commodity among rap’s advance guard. Lotus’s work was recently used by DUCKWRTH on MultiDimensional and he had two beat placements on Blu’s finally-released-this-week York album. Now, Booth favorite G-Scott tackles a Lotus instrumental, this one off 2006 LP 1983. Adult Swim (perhaps named for Lotus’ work on the Cartoon Network spinoff) features Scott gracing the abstract beat with a razor-sharp flow that serves as a nice contrast to its ambient vibe. While this is not part of anything larger, you can find more from the Gary, Indiana emcee on his latest street album, coincidentally also titled 1983 and available for streaming/download in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.