If musical talent were represented by one’s position in physical space, your average beatsmith wouldn’t be able to reach Bronx vet G-Rod with a ten-foot pole. With his latest street single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the first-time featuree constructs an aural monument to hip-hop excellence, with a little help from his borough’s own Chi-Ali. The headliner’s masterful beat, a boom-bap groove accented by bells and ominous strings, backs the local rap legend as he touts his skills and shellacks the competition in “lyrically Untouchable, uncrushable.” verses. The Biggie line I not-so-subtly worked into that last sentence makes an appearance on the joint’s sampled hook. While this cut isn’t attached to any larger project, those left craving more peerless beats and rhymes can keep their browsers locked for the latest from G-Rod and his formidable cast of connects.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Submit your Rating
Sour Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.