If musical talent were represented by one’s position in physical space, your average beatsmith wouldn’t be able to reach Bronx vet G-Rod with a ten-foot pole. With his latest street single, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the first-time featuree constructs an aural monument to hip-hop excellence, with a little help from his borough’s own Chi-Ali. The headliner’s masterful beat, a boom-bap groove accented by bells and ominous strings, backs the local rap legend as he touts his skills and shellacks the competition in “lyrically Untouchable, uncrushable.” verses. The Biggie line I not-so-subtly worked into that last sentence makes an appearance on the joint’s sampled hook. While this cut isn’t attached to any larger project, those left craving more peerless beats and rhymes can keep their browsers locked for the latest from G-Rod and his formidable cast of connects.
Written by richard on 10/2/13
Submit your Rating
Sour Music Group
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.