I’ve never excelled in science and haven’t popped a molly, so most drug lingo is lost on me. I do know, however, that the drug Dimethyltryptamine, abbreviated as DMT, is a chemical in your body that is released right before you expire (that’s like 10 Molly’s). Taking this quickie chemistry lesson into consideration, it’s clear that the latest work from Toronto newcomer G Milla must be dope. Setting the stage for this left-of-center cut is a trippy, ambient beat from Tycho that is cut by a staggering, subtle drumbeat. Milla add to the haunting vibe by sharing a near death experience as his raw, pointed flow cuts through the shrouded boardwork. If you want to score a second DMT-like high, make sure to (digitally) pocket G’s forthcoming project, Inner City, set for release on July 29.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view G Milla’s Zac Facts-directed DMT visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Tonight We Die" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.