If you clicked on Tumblr Girls expecting an ode to the scantily-clad, dubiously-aged ladies who flock to the titular social network, you’re in for a bit of a surprise. Dedicated to one woman in particular, G-Eazy‘s latest single finds him grappling with the emotional fallout of a supposedly consequence-free affair. Constant behind-the-boards collaborator Christoph Andersson provides an ethereal backdrop for the Oakland native’s poignant, relatable rhymes, as well as contributing sung vocals to the outro. Eazy’s These Things Happen LP is scheduled to hit iTunes on Tuesday, June 23. In the meantime, you can get up to speed on the artist’s oeuvre by listening to our very own “Every G-Eazy Song” playlist.
Written by richard on 05/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.