If you clicked on Tumblr Girls expecting an ode to the scantily-clad, dubiously-aged ladies who flock to the titular social network, you’re in for a bit of a surprise. Dedicated to one woman in particular, G-Eazy‘s latest single finds him grappling with the emotional fallout of a supposedly consequence-free affair. Constant behind-the-boards collaborator Christoph Andersson provides an ethereal backdrop for the Oakland native’s poignant, relatable rhymes, as well as contributing sung vocals to the outro. Eazy’s These Things Happen LP is scheduled to hit iTunes on Tuesday, June 23. In the meantime, you can get up to speed on the artist’s oeuvre by listening to our very own “Every G-Eazy Song” playlist.
Written by richard on 05/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.