If you clicked on Tumblr Girls expecting an ode to the scantily-clad, dubiously-aged ladies who flock to the titular social network, you’re in for a bit of a surprise. Dedicated to one woman in particular, G-Eazy‘s latest single finds him grappling with the emotional fallout of a supposedly consequence-free affair. Constant behind-the-boards collaborator Christoph Andersson provides an ethereal backdrop for the Oakland native’s poignant, relatable rhymes, as well as contributing sung vocals to the outro. Eazy’s These Things Happen LP is scheduled to hit iTunes on Tuesday, June 23. In the meantime, you can get up to speed on the artist’s oeuvre by listening to our very own “Every G-Eazy Song” playlist.
Written by richard on 05/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.