If you clicked on Tumblr Girls expecting an ode to the scantily-clad, dubiously-aged ladies who flock to the titular social network, you’re in for a bit of a surprise. Dedicated to one woman in particular, G-Eazy‘s latest single finds him grappling with the emotional fallout of a supposedly consequence-free affair. Constant behind-the-boards collaborator Christoph Andersson provides an ethereal backdrop for the Oakland native’s poignant, relatable rhymes, as well as contributing sung vocals to the outro. Eazy’s These Things Happen LP is scheduled to hit iTunes on Tuesday, June 23. In the meantime, you can get up to speed on the artist’s oeuvre by listening to our very own “Every G-Eazy Song” playlist.
Written by richard on 05/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.