If you clicked on Tumblr Girls expecting an ode to the scantily-clad, dubiously-aged ladies who flock to the titular social network, you’re in for a bit of a surprise. Dedicated to one woman in particular, G-Eazy‘s latest single finds him grappling with the emotional fallout of a supposedly consequence-free affair. Constant behind-the-boards collaborator Christoph Andersson provides an ethereal backdrop for the Oakland native’s poignant, relatable rhymes, as well as contributing sung vocals to the outro. Eazy’s These Things Happen LP is scheduled to hit iTunes on Tuesday, June 23. In the meantime, you can get up to speed on the artist’s oeuvre by listening to our very own “Every G-Eazy Song” playlist.
Written by richard on 05/28/14
Objectivity is the biggest myth in music. I always laugh when someone accuses me of writing subjectively, or of being biased. As if there's some other way to write. This isn't math, this is music. Every time you press play...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.