The anticipation for G-Eazy‘s next album, These Things Happen, must be killing those Booth readers who made him a Best of The Booth award winner in the Breaking Through in 2014 category. I’m sure more than a few Sleepless nights have been spent waiting for the forthcoming full-length, which should launch the longtime Booth regular into stardom. To help his eager fans catch some much-needed z’s, Eazy has dropped off a loosie, which did not make the final cut, but is by no means a throw away. The Bay Area native’s slurred, whirring flow is always easy on the ears, but the way the vocal glides through the foggy, snapping beat from Blackbear takes the track to a higher level. The icing on the cake comes courtesy of Indigo Summer creator Nylo, whose smooth, angelic hookwork ties everything together, creating the perfect lullaby for a Sleepless night.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.