The anticipation for G-Eazy‘s next album, These Things Happen, must be killing those Booth readers who made him a Best of The Booth award winner in the Breaking Through in 2014 category. I’m sure more than a few Sleepless nights have been spent waiting for the forthcoming full-length, which should launch the longtime Booth regular into stardom. To help his eager fans catch some much-needed z’s, Eazy has dropped off a loosie, which did not make the final cut, but is by no means a throw away. The Bay Area native’s slurred, whirring flow is always easy on the ears, but the way the vocal glides through the foggy, snapping beat from Blackbear takes the track to a higher level. The icing on the cake comes courtesy of Indigo Summer creator Nylo, whose smooth, angelic hookwork ties everything together, creating the perfect lullaby for a Sleepless night.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.