Normally, I wouldn’t discourage readers from taking a listen to a DJBooth feature, but this time I just feel I have to offer a word or two of warning: those who were planning on thinking any deep thoughts today might want to put off checking out G-Eazy‘s latest single, as its tune is almost guaranteed to set up shop in your head for the foreseeable future. Runaround Sue finds the Bay Area rapper-producer flipping a sample from Dion and the Belmonts’ doo-wop classic of the same name into an insanely catchy backdrop for bars dedicated to a female whose elegant exterior hides her true (skanky) nature. As he tells it: “When I smashed, she was like a woman from the past, a Mary Tyler Moore with more ass / Should’ve figured some when she let me score fast, but I was misguided, thought she had more class.” Complete with Greg Banks’ infectious chorus vocals, this compulsively hummable selection is just one of many dope selections to be found on the emcee’s Booth-sponsored The Endless Summer street album, available now for free streaming and download. Also, fans can peep Runaround Sue‘s official video accompaniment courtesy of DJBoothTV.
Written by richard on 08/28/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.