When I first saw that G-Eazy had titled his new single Plastic Dreams I wondered if he was referring to dreams of limitless credit cards, women so flawless they look industrially made, or both. Turns out my mind’s obviously much more shallow than Eazy’s - what he has in mind for Plastic Dreams is a little deeper. Sure, the Marilyn creator does plenty of fantasizing about Rihanna and stacks of cash on the mic, but ultimately he turns Dreams into a meditation on the nature of desire. With a hazy, self-produced beat and vocals from Johanna Fay that give the song real heart, Dreams should be just the thing to get the populace excited for the release of Eazy’ Must Be Nice album, due out September 26.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.