When I first saw that G-Eazy had titled his new single Plastic Dreams I wondered if he was referring to dreams of limitless credit cards, women so flawless they look industrially made, or both. Turns out my mind’s obviously much more shallow than Eazy’s - what he has in mind for Plastic Dreams is a little deeper. Sure, the Marilyn creator does plenty of fantasizing about Rihanna and stacks of cash on the mic, but ultimately he turns Dreams into a meditation on the nature of desire. With a hazy, self-produced beat and vocals from Johanna Fay that give the song real heart, Dreams should be just the thing to get the populace excited for the release of Eazy’ Must Be Nice album, due out September 26.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.