When I first saw that G-Eazy had titled his new single Plastic Dreams I wondered if he was referring to dreams of limitless credit cards, women so flawless they look industrially made, or both. Turns out my mind’s obviously much more shallow than Eazy’s - what he has in mind for Plastic Dreams is a little deeper. Sure, the Marilyn creator does plenty of fantasizing about Rihanna and stacks of cash on the mic, but ultimately he turns Dreams into a meditation on the nature of desire. With a hazy, self-produced beat and vocals from Johanna Fay that give the song real heart, Dreams should be just the thing to get the populace excited for the release of Eazy’ Must Be Nice album, due out September 26.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.