When I first saw that G-Eazy had titled his new single Plastic Dreams I wondered if he was referring to dreams of limitless credit cards, women so flawless they look industrially made, or both. Turns out my mind’s obviously much more shallow than Eazy’s - what he has in mind for Plastic Dreams is a little deeper. Sure, the Marilyn creator does plenty of fantasizing about Rihanna and stacks of cash on the mic, but ultimately he turns Dreams into a meditation on the nature of desire. With a hazy, self-produced beat and vocals from Johanna Fay that give the song real heart, Dreams should be just the thing to get the populace excited for the release of Eazy’ Must Be Nice album, due out September 26.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)