When G-Eazy sees a rapper throwing c-notes around and rocking jewelry worth more than most people’s cars, his reaction is the same as most of ours would be: “Must Be Nice...” As he admits on the title track and latest single off his latest full-length, he’s still miles away from the high-rolling lifestyle enjoyed by hip-hop’s elite. Not that he’s complaining; over his own keyboard-driven production, the artist documents the rewards as well as the struggles of his recent hustle, stating, “Man, I’m stressed out / But it’s lookin’ up and that’s a start.” The accompanying, Winky Productions-directed visuals depict Eazy rocking the stage in Las Vegas and rubbing shoulders with celebrities at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards. Must Be Nice (the album) was released earlier this year, and is available for stream and download. Additionally, the artist just announced that he will be taking part in Lil Wayne‘s America’s Most Wanted Music Festival, which is scheduled to visit 40 North American Cities throughout July and August.
Written by richard on 06/11/13
With last year's The Endless Summer LP, G-Eazy made an explosive impact in the Booth, earning rave reviews and a long residency on our Mixtape Chart (now consolidated with our Albums Chart). Now, the Oakland rhymesayer has...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)