Update: Click “Watch Now” above to view G-Eazy’s Tyler Yee-directed “Marilyn” video.
I got into a big fight last night with my girl and I was just about to use the argument as an excuse to fly single during Spring break, but after listening to G-Eazy‘s new record, maybe I’ll take it easy. The first single off his upcoming album, Marilyn is a stand out selection which speaks on the highs and lows of being in a relationship. Featuring the gentle and soothing voice of singer Dominique LeJeune, Marilyn is carried by G’s own low toned piano riff and and guitar strums, which compliment the New Orleans native’s raspy voice well. Lyrically, G speaks on the troubled times during his relationships and reminisces on the days when things were better. However, despite the trials, tribulations and stress a relationship brings, the light chords and breezy hook give hope to the future and will make you think twice before letting go of a good thing. So, maybe instead of going to the beach newly single (and being disappointed when you realize girls don’t wanna hook up), I’ll just sleep on it and appreciate what I have. Thanks, G-Eazy.
Written by JRTheWriter on 05/9/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.