Update: Click “Watch Now” above to view G-Eazy’s Tyler Yee-directed “Marilyn” video.
I got into a big fight last night with my girl and I was just about to use the argument as an excuse to fly single during Spring break, but after listening to G-Eazy‘s new record, maybe I’ll take it easy. The first single off his upcoming album, Marilyn is a stand out selection which speaks on the highs and lows of being in a relationship. Featuring the gentle and soothing voice of singer Dominique LeJeune, Marilyn is carried by G’s own low toned piano riff and and guitar strums, which compliment the New Orleans native’s raspy voice well. Lyrically, G speaks on the troubled times during his relationships and reminisces on the days when things were better. However, despite the trials, tribulations and stress a relationship brings, the light chords and breezy hook give hope to the future and will make you think twice before letting go of a good thing. So, maybe instead of going to the beach newly single (and being disappointed when you realize girls don’t wanna hook up), I’ll just sleep on it and appreciate what I have. Thanks, G-Eazy.
Written by JRTheWriter on 05/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.