Combining ‘50’s Doo-Wop with modern-day trap music? G-Eazy must be absolutely Mad. Crazy as the concept may be, G-Eazy‘s latest single is pretty damn dope in practice. Here, the artist’s own genre-blending boardwork serves as the canvas for bars dedicated to a woman who’s got him doubting his sanity. Devon Baldwin guests, lending her breezy, unaffected vocals to the chorus. Currently roughly 70% completed, the album to which this record will be attached has yet to receive either a title or a drop drop. In the meantime, those who haven’t already (which can’t be a big number, since the project’s been among our highest-downloaded and longest-charting for the last 365 days) can hear more on The Endless Summer, available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.