Combining ‘50’s Doo-Wop with modern-day trap music? G-Eazy must be absolutely Mad. Crazy as the concept may be, G-Eazy‘s latest single is pretty damn dope in practice. Here, the artist’s own genre-blending boardwork serves as the canvas for bars dedicated to a woman who’s got him doubting his sanity. Devon Baldwin guests, lending her breezy, unaffected vocals to the chorus. Currently roughly 70% completed, the album to which this record will be attached has yet to receive either a title or a drop drop. In the meantime, those who haven’t already (which can’t be a big number, since the project’s been among our highest-downloaded and longest-charting for the last 365 days) can hear more on The Endless Summer, available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 06/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.