There is a long history of rappers making famous proclamations (see: The Beastie Boys’ No Sleep Till Brooklyn and Run-DMC’s It’s Like That), so it’s no surprise to hear G-Eazy declare “I Mean It” on his latest record release. Over the dreary, subdued board work of producers Remo (also featured on the drank-induced hook) and Christoph Andersson, the longtime Booth fave makes clear that 2014 is his year to shine and that his competition is none. Does this relative tough talk fit G’s debonair, slick style? If you’ve been listening for long enough, the answer is “Yes.” I Mean It, along with previously-featured single, Lets Get Lost, will be housed on G’s forthcoming full-length, These Things Happen, due out June 23.
Update: We have added the Bobby Bruderle-directed visuals for G-Eazy’s I Mean It single.
Written by DJ Z on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.