There is a long history of rappers making famous proclamations (see: The Beastie Boys’ No Sleep Till Brooklyn and Run-DMC’s It’s Like That), so it’s no surprise to hear G-Eazy declare “I Mean It” on his latest record release. Over the dreary, subdued board work of producers Remo (also featured on the drank-induced hook) and Christoph Andersson, the longtime Booth fave makes clear that 2014 is his year to shine and that his competition is none. Does this relative tough talk fit G’s debonair, slick style? If you’ve been listening for long enough, the answer is “Yes.” I Mean It, along with previously-featured single, Lets Get Lost, will be housed on G’s forthcoming full-length, These Things Happen, due out June 23.
Update: We have added the Bobby Bruderle-directed visuals for G-Eazy’s I Mean It single.
Written by DJ Z on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.