There is a long history of rappers making famous proclamations (see: The Beastie Boys’ No Sleep Till Brooklyn and Run-DMC’s It’s Like That), so it’s no surprise to hear G-Eazy declare “I Mean It” on his latest record release. Over the dreary, subdued board work of producers Remo (also featured on the drank-induced hook) and Christoph Andersson, the longtime Booth fave makes clear that 2014 is his year to shine and that his competition is none. Does this relative tough talk fit G’s debonair, slick style? If you’ve been listening for long enough, the answer is “Yes.” I Mean It, along with previously-featured single, Lets Get Lost, will be housed on G’s forthcoming full-length, These Things Happen, due out June 23.
Update: We have added the Bobby Bruderle-directed visuals for G-Eazy’s I Mean It single.
Written by DJ Z on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.