There is a long history of rappers making famous proclamations (see: The Beastie Boys’ No Sleep Till Brooklyn and Run-DMC’s It’s Like That), so it’s no surprise to hear G-Eazy declare “I Mean It” on his latest record release. Over the dreary, subdued board work of producers Remo (also featured on the drank-induced hook) and Christoph Andersson, the longtime Booth fave makes clear that 2014 is his year to shine and that his competition is none. Does this relative tough talk fit G’s debonair, slick style? If you’ve been listening for long enough, the answer is “Yes.” I Mean It, along with previously-featured single, Lets Get Lost, will be housed on G’s forthcoming full-length, These Things Happen, due out June 23.
Update: We have added the Bobby Bruderle-directed visuals for G-Eazy’s I Mean It single.
Written by DJ Z on 05/29/14
Objectivity is the biggest myth in music. I always laugh when someone accuses me of writing subjectively, or of being biased. As if there's some other way to write. This isn't math, this is music. Every time you press play...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.