I know music is very subjective and everyone has his or her own tastes, but if you tell me you don’t like G-Eazy‘s latest jam, simply put, I Don’t Believe You. The upstart’s style is so charismatic and unique, it’s borderline impossible to dismiss. To get the party vibe started, Eazy takes matters into his own hands, cooking up a high-energy, colorful beat centered around a steel-drum synth. Eazy matches the energy of his boardwork with a smooth, leaning flow as he doles out braggadocios, alcohol-soaked bars. Team Robot, programmed to create strong hooks, does their job, supplying an emphatic energy that helps to keep the dro lit and the cups full. I Don’t Believe You has yet to be selected for placement on a larger forthcoming project, but you can convince G to do so when he comes to your city as part of Weezy’s summer-long America’s Most Wanted Tour that kicks off in July.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.