I know music is very subjective and everyone has his or her own tastes, but if you tell me you don’t like G-Eazy‘s latest jam, simply put, I Don’t Believe You. The upstart’s style is so charismatic and unique, it’s borderline impossible to dismiss. To get the party vibe started, Eazy takes matters into his own hands, cooking up a high-energy, colorful beat centered around a steel-drum synth. Eazy matches the energy of his boardwork with a smooth, leaning flow as he doles out braggadocios, alcohol-soaked bars. Team Robot, programmed to create strong hooks, does their job, supplying an emphatic energy that helps to keep the dro lit and the cups full. I Don’t Believe You has yet to be selected for placement on a larger forthcoming project, but you can convince G to do so when he comes to your city as part of Weezy’s summer-long America’s Most Wanted Tour that kicks off in July.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.