When I hear an emcee like G-Eazy rhyme about long nights filled with liquor, drugs and irresponsible sex, it’s tough not to feel a little jealous of his carefree lifestyle. Of course, when you factor in the guilty, nauseous mornings after those debaucherous evenings, it suddenly seems a lot less enviable. On new single Gotta Go, the Oakland rapper/beatsmith admits that his hedonism has a substantial downside, and worries that he might be losing control. G handles production as well as mic duties, building his lush beat around an interpolation of singer/songwriter Daniel Johnston‘s Walking the Cow. BEND delivers the hook, also borrowed from the aforementioned lo-fi classic. This promo single isn’t attached to a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the G-Eazy’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.