When I hear an emcee like G-Eazy rhyme about long nights filled with liquor, drugs and irresponsible sex, it’s tough not to feel a little jealous of his carefree lifestyle. Of course, when you factor in the guilty, nauseous mornings after those debaucherous evenings, it suddenly seems a lot less enviable. On new single Gotta Go, the Oakland rapper/beatsmith admits that his hedonism has a substantial downside, and worries that he might be losing control. G handles production as well as mic duties, building his lush beat around an interpolation of singer/songwriter Daniel Johnston‘s Walking the Cow. BEND delivers the hook, also borrowed from the aforementioned lo-fi classic. This promo single isn’t attached to a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the G-Eazy’s plans as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.