When I hear an emcee like G-Eazy rhyme about long nights filled with liquor, drugs and irresponsible sex, it’s tough not to feel a little jealous of his carefree lifestyle. Of course, when you factor in the guilty, nauseous mornings after those debaucherous evenings, it suddenly seems a lot less enviable. On new single Gotta Go, the Oakland rapper/beatsmith admits that his hedonism has a substantial downside, and worries that he might be losing control. G handles production as well as mic duties, building his lush beat around an interpolation of singer/songwriter Daniel Johnston‘s Walking the Cow. BEND delivers the hook, also borrowed from the aforementioned lo-fi classic. This promo single isn’t attached to a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the G-Eazy’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.