When I hear an emcee like G-Eazy rhyme about long nights filled with liquor, drugs and irresponsible sex, it’s tough not to feel a little jealous of his carefree lifestyle. Of course, when you factor in the guilty, nauseous mornings after those debaucherous evenings, it suddenly seems a lot less enviable. On new single Gotta Go, the Oakland rapper/beatsmith admits that his hedonism has a substantial downside, and worries that he might be losing control. G handles production as well as mic duties, building his lush beat around an interpolation of singer/songwriter Daniel Johnston‘s Walking the Cow. BEND delivers the hook, also borrowed from the aforementioned lo-fi classic. This promo single isn’t attached to a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the G-Eazy’s plans as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.