G-EAZY‘s last feature, Gotta Go, saw him reflecting with ambivalence on the whirlwind of sex, drugs and partying his life has become. On Far Alone, the lead single off his next LP, the Los Angeles-based up-and-comer harks back to a simpler time. OK, it wasn’t all that much simpler—his adolescence, as described over Jay Ant‘s guitar loops and clattering hi-hats, still involved a whole lot of weed, liquor and womanizing—but his bars here are considerably more carefree. In addition to handling production, Ant steps out from behind the mixing boards to deliver the record’s triumphant hook. Daryn DeLuco directs the accompanying visuals. Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for more fresh singles leading up to the February release of Eazy’s next full-length, These Things Happen.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.