G-EAZY‘s last feature, Gotta Go, saw him reflecting with ambivalence on the whirlwind of sex, drugs and partying his life has become. On Far Alone, the lead single off his next LP, the Los Angeles-based up-and-comer harks back to a simpler time. OK, it wasn’t all that much simpler—his adolescence, as described over Jay Ant‘s guitar loops and clattering hi-hats, still involved a whole lot of weed, liquor and womanizing—but his bars here are considerably more carefree. In addition to handling production, Ant steps out from behind the mixing boards to deliver the record’s triumphant hook. Daryn DeLuco directs the accompanying visuals. Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for more fresh singles leading up to the February release of Eazy’s next full-length, These Things Happen.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.