G-EAZY‘s last feature, Gotta Go, saw him reflecting with ambivalence on the whirlwind of sex, drugs and partying his life has become. On Far Alone, the lead single off his next LP, the Los Angeles-based up-and-comer harks back to a simpler time. OK, it wasn’t all that much simpler—his adolescence, as described over Jay Ant‘s guitar loops and clattering hi-hats, still involved a whole lot of weed, liquor and womanizing—but his bars here are considerably more carefree. In addition to handling production, Ant steps out from behind the mixing boards to deliver the record’s triumphant hook. Daryn DeLuco directs the accompanying visuals. Feeling it? Then keep your browsers locked to The DJBooth for more fresh singles leading up to the February release of Eazy’s next full-length, These Things Happen.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.