On the lead single off his next independent full-length, G-Eazy looked back on his carefree (and mildly debauched) adolescence, and scoffed at those who doubted his ability to succeed in the hip-hop game. The Oakland-based buzzmaker may have made it This Far on his lonesome, but a lack of support and camaraderie no longer seems to be an issue. This newly-released remix finds him joined by one of biggest names in Bay Area hip-hop. E-40 jumps on Jay Ant, G-Eazy and Christoph Andersson‘s leisurely guitar-loop beat to spit a few bars about his own humble upbringing. (He was “the oldest of four” children, and “havin’ a roof over [his] head was [his] allowance.”) As on the original, Jay Ant steps out from behind the boards to sing the chorus. These Things Happen still lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release. G-Eazy is currently touring behind the set. While the West Coast leg is completely sold out, those residing elsewhere in North America can visit his official site to purchase tickets.
Written by richard on 03/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)