On the lead single off his next independent full-length, G-Eazy looked back on his carefree (and mildly debauched) adolescence, and scoffed at those who doubted his ability to succeed in the hip-hop game. The Oakland-based buzzmaker may have made it This Far on his lonesome, but a lack of support and camaraderie no longer seems to be an issue. This newly-released remix finds him joined by one of biggest names in Bay Area hip-hop. E-40 jumps on Jay Ant, G-Eazy and Christoph Andersson‘s leisurely guitar-loop beat to spit a few bars about his own humble upbringing. (He was “the oldest of four” children, and “havin’ a roof over [his] head was [his] allowance.”) As on the original, Jay Ant steps out from behind the boards to sing the chorus. These Things Happen still lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release. G-Eazy is currently touring behind the set. While the West Coast leg is completely sold out, those residing elsewhere in North America can visit his official site to purchase tickets.
Written by richard on 03/16/14
Objectivity is the biggest myth in music. I always laugh when someone accuses me of writing subjectively, or of being biased. As if there's some other way to write. This isn't math, this is music. Every time you press play...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.