On the lead single off his next independent full-length, G-Eazy looked back on his carefree (and mildly debauched) adolescence, and scoffed at those who doubted his ability to succeed in the hip-hop game. The Oakland-based buzzmaker may have made it This Far on his lonesome, but a lack of support and camaraderie no longer seems to be an issue. This newly-released remix finds him joined by one of biggest names in Bay Area hip-hop. E-40 jumps on Jay Ant, G-Eazy and Christoph Andersson‘s leisurely guitar-loop beat to spit a few bars about his own humble upbringing. (He was “the oldest of four” children, and “havin’ a roof over [his] head was [his] allowance.”) As on the original, Jay Ant steps out from behind the boards to sing the chorus. These Things Happen still lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release. G-Eazy is currently touring behind the set. While the West Coast leg is completely sold out, those residing elsewhere in North America can visit his official site to purchase tickets.
Written by richard on 03/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.