While G-Eazy is currently busy traveling the country as part of Weezy‘s America’s Most Wanted Tour, he hasn’t taken that as an excuse to stop recording. In between gigs, he found the time to record new single Been On and shoot the official video. A moody synth beat by tourmate Christoph Andersson sets the mood as the artist shares a few pearls of music-game wisdom (“The next sh*t I’m about to say is obvious, but criticism’s worth more than compliments.”), and castigates his peers for their unoriginality. Bobby Bruderle directs the ultra-minimal, yet mesmerizing visuals. The album to which this cut’s attached has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but those digging it can, of course, watch the Booth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)