While G-Eazy is currently busy traveling the country as part of Weezy‘s America’s Most Wanted Tour, he hasn’t taken that as an excuse to stop recording. In between gigs, he found the time to record new single Been On and shoot the official video. A moody synth beat by tourmate Christoph Andersson sets the mood as the artist shares a few pearls of music-game wisdom (“The next sh*t I’m about to say is obvious, but criticism’s worth more than compliments.”), and castigates his peers for their unoriginality. Bobby Bruderle directs the ultra-minimal, yet mesmerizing visuals. The album to which this cut’s attached has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but those digging it can, of course, watch the Booth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.