While G-Eazy is currently busy traveling the country as part of Weezy‘s America’s Most Wanted Tour, he hasn’t taken that as an excuse to stop recording. In between gigs, he found the time to record new single Been On and shoot the official video. A moody synth beat by tourmate Christoph Andersson sets the mood as the artist shares a few pearls of music-game wisdom (“The next sh*t I’m about to say is obvious, but criticism’s worth more than compliments.”), and castigates his peers for their unoriginality. Bobby Bruderle directs the ultra-minimal, yet mesmerizing visuals. The album to which this cut’s attached has yet to receive either a title or a drop date, but those digging it can, of course, watch the Booth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.