The title of G-Eazy‘s latest single explains why I’m leaving home to become a stewardess. Sorry; when I see a record titled Almost Famous, I can’t help but think about the classic flick by Cameron Crowe. In reality this record has nothing to do with the movie. Instead, it’s all about the longtime Booth fave’s quickly rising career. G is no stranger to fun (and occasionally raunchy) cuts, but on Almost Famous he becomes introspective. Backed by Christoph Andersson‘s whirring, snare-heavy production, the Bay Area native exhibits a unique, swaying flow as he reflects on how far he has come in the game and, more importantly, how far he still wants to travel. Almost Famous is the latest single off G-Eazy’s These Things Happen LP, due out in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/12/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.