The title of G-Eazy‘s latest single explains why I’m leaving home to become a stewardess. Sorry; when I see a record titled Almost Famous, I can’t help but think about the classic flick by Cameron Crowe. In reality this record has nothing to do with the movie. Instead, it’s all about the longtime Booth fave’s quickly rising career. G is no stranger to fun (and occasionally raunchy) cuts, but on Almost Famous he becomes introspective. Backed by Christoph Andersson‘s whirring, snare-heavy production, the Bay Area native exhibits a unique, swaying flow as he reflects on how far he has come in the game and, more importantly, how far he still wants to travel. Almost Famous is the latest single off G-Eazy’s These Things Happen LP, due out in March.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!