The title of G-Eazy‘s latest single explains why I’m leaving home to become a stewardess. Sorry; when I see a record titled Almost Famous, I can’t help but think about the classic flick by Cameron Crowe. In reality this record has nothing to do with the movie. Instead, it’s all about the longtime Booth fave’s quickly rising career. G is no stranger to fun (and occasionally raunchy) cuts, but on Almost Famous he becomes introspective. Backed by Christoph Andersson‘s whirring, snare-heavy production, the Bay Area native exhibits a unique, swaying flow as he reflects on how far he has come in the game and, more importantly, how far he still wants to travel. Almost Famous is the latest single off G-Eazy’s These Things Happen LP, due out in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.