The title of G-Eazy‘s latest single explains why I’m leaving home to become a stewardess. Sorry; when I see a record titled Almost Famous, I can’t help but think about the classic flick by Cameron Crowe. In reality this record has nothing to do with the movie. Instead, it’s all about the longtime Booth fave’s quickly rising career. G is no stranger to fun (and occasionally raunchy) cuts, but on Almost Famous he becomes introspective. Backed by Christoph Andersson‘s whirring, snare-heavy production, the Bay Area native exhibits a unique, swaying flow as he reflects on how far he has come in the game and, more importantly, how far he still wants to travel. Almost Famous is the latest single off G-Eazy’s These Things Happen LP, due out in March.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.