The title of G-Eazy‘s latest single explains why I’m leaving home to become a stewardess. Sorry; when I see a record titled Almost Famous, I can’t help but think about the classic flick by Cameron Crowe. In reality this record has nothing to do with the movie. Instead, it’s all about the longtime Booth fave’s quickly rising career. G is no stranger to fun (and occasionally raunchy) cuts, but on Almost Famous he becomes introspective. Backed by Christoph Andersson‘s whirring, snare-heavy production, the Bay Area native exhibits a unique, swaying flow as he reflects on how far he has come in the game and, more importantly, how far he still wants to travel. Almost Famous is the latest single off G-Eazy’s These Things Happen LP, due out in March.
Written by Lucas G. on 12/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.