As anyone who just watched his Runaround Sue video on DJBoothTV, listened to Make-Up Sex or even better read his in-depth interview over on our sister site already knows, despite the fact that his name conjures up images of both Eazy-E and G funk, up-and-coming rapper G-Eazy actually has penchant for retro-informed smooth rap. Sure enough, new standout cut All I Can Do is as laid-back as one of the groupies in Eazy’s hotel room after a show. The headliner pulls double duty behind the boards here as well, slowing building a hook from Devon Baldwin into a cottony beat that rides surely and slowly. Behind the mic G is leans towards the braggadocio side of the spectrum, assuring listeners that he has no trouble in procuring the ladies, sentiments Skizzy Mars endorses on the guest verse. If you’re digging everything that Eazy does be sure to cop his newly released The Endless Summer project (which I feel obligated to point out is also the name of a dope surf flick), available for free stream and download right here on DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)