As anyone who just watched his Runaround Sue video on DJBoothTV, listened to Make-Up Sex or even better read his in-depth interview over on our sister site already knows, despite the fact that his name conjures up images of both Eazy-E and G funk, up-and-coming rapper G-Eazy actually has penchant for retro-informed smooth rap. Sure enough, new standout cut All I Can Do is as laid-back as one of the groupies in Eazy’s hotel room after a show. The headliner pulls double duty behind the boards here as well, slowing building a hook from Devon Baldwin into a cottony beat that rides surely and slowly. Behind the mic G is leans towards the braggadocio side of the spectrum, assuring listeners that he has no trouble in procuring the ladies, sentiments Skizzy Mars endorses on the guest verse. If you’re digging everything that Eazy does be sure to cop his newly released The Endless Summer project (which I feel obligated to point out is also the name of a dope surf flick), available for free stream and download right here on DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.