As anyone who just watched his Runaround Sue video on DJBoothTV, listened to Make-Up Sex or even better read his in-depth interview over on our sister site already knows, despite the fact that his name conjures up images of both Eazy-E and G funk, up-and-coming rapper G-Eazy actually has penchant for retro-informed smooth rap. Sure enough, new standout cut All I Can Do is as laid-back as one of the groupies in Eazy’s hotel room after a show. The headliner pulls double duty behind the boards here as well, slowing building a hook from Devon Baldwin into a cottony beat that rides surely and slowly. Behind the mic G is leans towards the braggadocio side of the spectrum, assuring listeners that he has no trouble in procuring the ladies, sentiments Skizzy Mars endorses on the guest verse. If you’re digging everything that Eazy does be sure to cop his newly released The Endless Summer project (which I feel obligated to point out is also the name of a dope surf flick), available for free stream and download right here on DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.