As anyone who just watched his Runaround Sue video on DJBoothTV, listened to Make-Up Sex or even better read his in-depth interview over on our sister site already knows, despite the fact that his name conjures up images of both Eazy-E and G funk, up-and-coming rapper G-Eazy actually has penchant for retro-informed smooth rap. Sure enough, new standout cut All I Can Do is as laid-back as one of the groupies in Eazy’s hotel room after a show. The headliner pulls double duty behind the boards here as well, slowing building a hook from Devon Baldwin into a cottony beat that rides surely and slowly. Behind the mic G is leans towards the braggadocio side of the spectrum, assuring listeners that he has no trouble in procuring the ladies, sentiments Skizzy Mars endorses on the guest verse. If you’re digging everything that Eazy does be sure to cop his newly released The Endless Summer project (which I feel obligated to point out is also the name of a dope surf flick), available for free stream and download right here on DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Make-Up Sex" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.