It’s been a minute – almost six months, actually – since we’ve heard from Fuze The Mc – what’s the Southern up-and-comer (and exclusive freestyle series contributor) been up to since this past February, when he hooked up with the Booth to drop his sophomore street release? Well, despite what the title of his latest single may lead you to believe, he most definitely hasn’t been sleeping on the job; on the contrary, Lullaby finds Fuze in the grips of insomnia, staring at the ceiling as deep thoughts race through his mind. Over Misfit‘s downbeat acoustic-guitar boardwork, the artist delivers stream-of-consciousness musings on life, art and the struggle: ”Music calms the soul, and in the midst of the most life-changing of woes, it turns pain into prose and that prose into rhythms that can make the largest of mountains move.” Topped off with the smooth vocal stylings of hookwoman Talibah, this track should strike a chord with anyone who’s ever lost sleep in pursuit of a big dream. For more, check out the artist’s third street album, WIth All Due Respect, when it drops this fall.
Written by richard on 07/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Super Music" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.