Given his stage name, you might assume that Futuristic had his life planned out for years, if not decades to come, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. On his latest single, the Bloomington, Illinois representative admits that he’s simply taking it Day by Day, and trying to make the right decisions along the way. Mario Toney‘s upbeat, guitar-led grooves set the mood as the artist spits laid-back, yet driven bars about his quest to achieve greatness in the rap game (and make his moms proud along the way). George Orozco directs the joint’s breezy visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? You can find the BrielleMarie92-assisted Day by Day and much more on Futuristic’s T.G.I.F. LP, available online as of September 6.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
Futurisic™/The R Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm a Problem" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.