Shots fired! (Well, maybe.) Shots fired! (Maybe.) While there’s a lot to talk about on the official remix to Future‘s explicitly-titled Sh*t, most prominently including yet another absolutely crushing beat from Mike WiLL Made It, undoubtedly all hip-hop will be talking about is Drake‘s verse. Considering the rap shots he and Kendrick Lamar have been exchanging since the Control list, it’s almost impossible not to read Drizzy’s opening lines as subtle shots against King Kendrick: “And if a n***a say my name he the hot sh*t / But if I say that n***a name he still the hot sh*t.” Or are we just seeing beef when there is none? We’re going to need DJBooth readers to break this one down in the comments below. The Sh*t Remix also features the ever-ignorant Juicy J and will drop as part of DJ Esco’s No Sleep mixtape later today. Now grab a fork and knife and dig into some (maybe) beef….
Written by Nathan S. on 12/17/13
Years ago, some time between 1994 and ‘98, hip-hop’s Future was being written in a recording studio in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Outkast was hard at work recording their game changing first three albums, amplifying the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.