Shots fired! (Well, maybe.) Shots fired! (Maybe.) While there’s a lot to talk about on the official remix to Future‘s explicitly-titled Sh*t, most prominently including yet another absolutely crushing beat from Mike WiLL Made It, undoubtedly all hip-hop will be talking about is Drake‘s verse. Considering the rap shots he and Kendrick Lamar have been exchanging since the Control list, it’s almost impossible not to read Drizzy’s opening lines as subtle shots against King Kendrick: “And if a n***a say my name he the hot sh*t / But if I say that n***a name he still the hot sh*t.” Or are we just seeing beef when there is none? We’re going to need DJBooth readers to break this one down in the comments below. The Sh*t Remix also features the ever-ignorant Juicy J and will drop as part of DJ Esco’s No Sleep mixtape later today. Now grab a fork and knife and dig into some (maybe) beef….
Written by Nathan S. on 12/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.