Shots fired! (Well, maybe.) Shots fired! (Maybe.) While there’s a lot to talk about on the official remix to Future‘s explicitly-titled Sh*t, most prominently including yet another absolutely crushing beat from Mike WiLL Made It, undoubtedly all hip-hop will be talking about is Drake‘s verse. Considering the rap shots he and Kendrick Lamar have been exchanging since the Control list, it’s almost impossible not to read Drizzy’s opening lines as subtle shots against King Kendrick: “And if a n***a say my name he the hot sh*t / But if I say that n***a name he still the hot sh*t.” Or are we just seeing beef when there is none? We’re going to need DJBooth readers to break this one down in the comments below. The Sh*t Remix also features the ever-ignorant Juicy J and will drop as part of DJ Esco’s No Sleep mixtape later today. Now grab a fork and knife and dig into some (maybe) beef….
Written by Nathan S. on 12/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.