If you believe rappers when they claim to pull triggers, pop top-shelf bottles and get it in with supermodels on the daily, well, I’ve got some Florida swampland you might be interested in purchasing. While Sh!t, the latest single from Epic Records rhymesayer/hookman/songwriter Future, could be applied to any emcee who doesn’t live what he spits, the cut is reportedly aimed at one particular big-talker: Rich Homie Quan, who recently accused Future of biting his style. Over the menacing synth arpeggios and slow-rolling percussion of Mike WiLL Made It, the artist sets out to demolish his rival’s pretensions of ballerdom, employing a hoarse delivery shorn of his trademark Autotune. Alex Nazari‘s gritty visuals round out the package. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll find this cut, the lead single/title track and plenty more dope Sh!t on Honest, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 26.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Years ago, some time between 1994 and ‘98, hip-hop’s Future was being written in a recording studio in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Outkast was hard at work recording their game changing first three albums, amplifying the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.