If you believe rappers when they claim to pull triggers, pop top-shelf bottles and get it in with supermodels on the daily, well, I’ve got some Florida swampland you might be interested in purchasing. While Sh!t, the latest single from Epic Records rhymesayer/hookman/songwriter Future, could be applied to any emcee who doesn’t live what he spits, the cut is reportedly aimed at one particular big-talker: Rich Homie Quan, who recently accused Future of biting his style. Over the menacing synth arpeggios and slow-rolling percussion of Mike WiLL Made It, the artist sets out to demolish his rival’s pretensions of ballerdom, employing a hoarse delivery shorn of his trademark Autotune. Alex Nazari‘s gritty visuals round out the package. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll find this cut, the lead single/title track and plenty more dope Sh!t on Honest, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers November 26.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Years ago, some time between 1994 and ‘98, hip-hop’s Future was being written in a recording studio in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Outkast was hard at work recording their game changing first three albums, amplifying the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)