When the combined income of you and your guests exceeds the GDP of certain small nations, the word “remix” hardly seems sufficient. That’s why, for the latest version of his lead single Karate Chop, Future‘s coined the term “RichMix.” Casino, the FreeBandz signee who lent his flow to the album rendition of the record is axed in favor of three hip-hop high-rollers; Maybach Music bawse Rick Ross, Cash Money capo Birdman and MMG/Bad Boy hitmaker French Montana join the A-Town repping Auto-Tune fiend over Metro‘s swirling synths and street-ready percussion. Has Karate Chop benefited from the infusion of top-dollar talent, or are you still feeling the original? Debate away—and keep your browsers locked for all the latest on Future’s sophomore studio album, Future Hendrix, dropping later this year via Epic Records.
Written by richard on 05/12/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.