As an artist who emerged from the ATL underground to become one of the heaviest hitters in hip-pop, Future has a lot to be proud of. The triumph he values most highly, however, has nothing to do with his career. On a new single off his sophomore set, the Epic Records hitmaker lets the world know just how happy he is to have bagged his fiancee, Ciara Harris: “Ever since I got with you I feel like I done Won me a trophy.” As he celebrates his victory in the arena of love, Metro Boomin backs his Autotune-soaked vocals with a mix of warm keys, hip-hop percussion and tweaked samples. Kanye West, who recently got engaged to the woman in his life, daydreams about potential honeymoons in his closing 16 (“Baby we should hit the south of France / So you can run around without the pants.”). For this heartfelt cut, last month’s Covered N Money and much more, cop Future’s Honest LP when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, the 22nd.
Update: We have added the Hype Williams-directed visuals for Future’s I Won single.
Written by richard on 04/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.