As an artist who emerged from the ATL underground to become one of the heaviest hitters in hip-pop, Future has a lot to be proud of. The triumph he values most highly, however, has nothing to do with his career. On a new single off his sophomore set, the Epic Records hitmaker lets the world know just how happy he is to have bagged his fiancee, Ciara Harris: “Ever since I got with you I feel like I done Won me a trophy.” As he celebrates his victory in the arena of love, Metro Boomin backs his Autotune-soaked vocals with a mix of warm keys, hip-hop percussion and tweaked samples. Kanye West, who recently got engaged to the woman in his life, daydreams about potential honeymoons in his closing 16 (“Baby we should hit the south of France / So you can run around without the pants.”). For this heartfelt cut, last month’s Covered N Money and much more, cop Future’s Honest LP when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, the 22nd.
Update: We have added the Hype Williams-directed visuals for Future’s I Won single.
Written by richard on 04/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.