As an artist who emerged from the ATL underground to become one of the heaviest hitters in hip-pop, Future has a lot to be proud of. The triumph he values most highly, however, has nothing to do with his career. On a new single off his sophomore set, the Epic Records hitmaker lets the world know just how happy he is to have bagged his fiancee, Ciara Harris: “Ever since I got with you I feel like I done Won me a trophy.” As he celebrates his victory in the arena of love, Metro Boomin backs his Autotune-soaked vocals with a mix of warm keys, hip-hop percussion and tweaked samples. Kanye West, who recently got engaged to the woman in his life, daydreams about potential honeymoons in his closing 16 (“Baby we should hit the south of France / So you can run around without the pants.”). For this heartfelt cut, last month’s Covered N Money and much more, cop Future’s Honest LP when it hits record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, the 22nd.
Update: We have added the Hype Williams-directed visuals for Future’s I Won single.
Written by richard on 04/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.