DJ/producer Fusion Unltd. has lent his production talents to everyone from mainstream heavy-hitters like G-Unit and Musiq Soulchild to DJBooth favorite Skillz, and with the early-‘09 release of the Cold Fusion LP he’s looking to become the next beatsmith to hit it big as an artist in his own right. New single The Sun finds the Baltimore native digging deep into his record collection for a sample of Chi-Lites singer Eugene Record’s Here Comes the Sun (also used on De La Soul’s He Comes), which serves as the basis for a lyrical look into hip-hop’s bright future. Showcasing his knack for bringing several of the game’s hottest talents to bear on one track, Fusion recruits Skillz (who, by the way, just released his ‘08 Rap-Up), Phonte and Big Pooh of Little Brother, Hall Of Fame, and Nickelus F., each of whom expresses his sky-high expectations for the genre going forward. If you’re not completely convinced that hip-hop is alive and kicking in ‘09, take a listen to The Sun – by the end of the record you’ll be reaching for your shades.
Written by richard on 01/4/09
Submit your Rating
Grind Date Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.