It’s safe to say that French designer Yves Saint Laurent has no real ties to hip-hop, but it hasn’t stopped his YSL Logo from appearing nearly everywhere in the genre from the belt buckle of 2 Chainz to the title of DJBooth newbie Funkghost‘s latest single. The newcomer, who hails from Tampa, Florida, may or may not have a pet chimpanzee named Noodle, loves the Greenwich Village, and is a fan of Wikipedia. You became a fan for life once you read he loves Wikipedia, right? On YSL Logo, the Floridian emcee unabashedly addresses his fellow emcees who boast “Cartier dreams” on “a Mickey D’s budget” with the backing of Hollywood Bob‘s slightly spacey production. A humorous line to say the least, but with his stern lyricism it’d probably be a wise choice to take the wordsmith seriously. Lookout for YSL Logo on Funkghost’s Dirty But Sophisticated album, which is due out February 2013.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/11/12
Submit your Rating
Grand Extravagant Ent.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.