An independent record label based in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles, California, Funk Volume is getting ready to make 2013 its biggest year yet. To prepare listeners for the 11 months of dopeness ahead, the imprint has launched a shot across the hip-hop game’s prow in the form of new video single FV2013, a gritty lyrical free-for-all featuring five of their star players. Hopsin handles production duties, serving up an understated instrumental backdrop for bruising bars by himself, SwizZz, Jarren Benton and Dizzy Wright. DJ Hoppa assists behind the wheels of steel, and George Orozsco of On Point Films teams up with Hopsin (Is there anything the man can’t do?) to direct the official visuals. This ensemble jam is slated for inclusion on currently-unscheduled compilation album Knock Madness; keep it locked for release details on the project, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 01/25/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)