An independent record label based in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles, California, Funk Volume is getting ready to make 2013 its biggest year yet. To prepare listeners for the 11 months of dopeness ahead, the imprint has launched a shot across the hip-hop game’s prow in the form of new video single FV2013, a gritty lyrical free-for-all featuring five of their star players. Hopsin handles production duties, serving up an understated instrumental backdrop for bruising bars by himself, SwizZz, Jarren Benton and Dizzy Wright. DJ Hoppa assists behind the wheels of steel, and George Orozsco of On Point Films teams up with Hopsin (Is there anything the man can’t do?) to direct the official visuals. This ensemble jam is slated for inclusion on currently-unscheduled compilation album Knock Madness; keep it locked for release details on the project, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 01/25/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.