An independent record label based in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles, California, Funk Volume is getting ready to make 2013 its biggest year yet. To prepare listeners for the 11 months of dopeness ahead, the imprint has launched a shot across the hip-hop game’s prow in the form of new video single FV2013, a gritty lyrical free-for-all featuring five of their star players. Hopsin handles production duties, serving up an understated instrumental backdrop for bruising bars by himself, SwizZz, Jarren Benton and Dizzy Wright. DJ Hoppa assists behind the wheels of steel, and George Orozsco of On Point Films teams up with Hopsin (Is there anything the man can’t do?) to direct the official visuals. This ensemble jam is slated for inclusion on currently-unscheduled compilation album Knock Madness; keep it locked for release details on the project, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 01/25/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.