Not only is this Fundament‘s first DJBooth feature, but it is also a Booth-exclusive world premiere; I’d call that killing two birds with one stone. My only piece of advice to the T-Dot product (yes, another dope Toronto artist): Don’t Stop now. Seriously, please don’t, because we could use more of these unique cuts in the Booth archives. Fundament’s delivery on Don’t is an interesting complement to cloudy production work of collaborative partner Fameless. The power of the cut comes from Fundament’s booming vocals, which are like a hip-hop foghorn, cutting through the hazy instrumental and establishing an early-morning/late-night vibe. In other words, a winning formula that should entice listeners to press play at all hours of the day. Don’t Stop is part of Fundament and Fameless’s fittingly-titled The Fundament x Fameless EP, which is set to hit the Booth for free download this September.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Fundament’s Aftercut Productions-directed Don’t Stop visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dennisson BLVD" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.