Not only is this Fundament‘s first DJBooth feature, but it is also a Booth-exclusive world premiere; I’d call that killing two birds with one stone. My only piece of advice to the T-Dot product (yes, another dope Toronto artist): Don’t Stop now. Seriously, please don’t, because we could use more of these unique cuts in the Booth archives. Fundament’s delivery on Don’t is an interesting complement to cloudy production work of collaborative partner Fameless. The power of the cut comes from Fundament’s booming vocals, which are like a hip-hop foghorn, cutting through the hazy instrumental and establishing an early-morning/late-night vibe. In other words, a winning formula that should entice listeners to press play at all hours of the day. Don’t Stop is part of Fundament and Fameless’s fittingly-titled The Fundament x Fameless EP, which is set to hit the Booth for free download this September.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Fundament’s Aftercut Productions-directed Don’t Stop visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dennisson BLVD" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.