Simply picking the right hat ain’t enough to make you stand out in a crowd; you’ve also got to know how to wear it. T-Dot rhymesayer Fundament, for one, prefers to rock his fitted with the Brim Low. Not only does it look stylish, it helps to hide the redness in his eyes when he’s been “smoking on that Teddy Pendergrass.” His first Booth feature since blessing our pages with Booth-exclusive freestyle Distilled, the lead single off the emcee’s debut full-length is a street banger with a smoky, noirish feel. With Kxngs’ resonant piano loops and clicking hi-hats as his canvas, Fundament paints a vivid lyrical portrait of a young emcee on his hustle. After an overview of the moves he’s been making in the game, he assures listeners that this is just the beginning of his rise to prominence: “On my next work I’m like Escher, my steps never gonna stop.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned; freshman LP 15Blocks currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Stop" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.