Simply picking the right hat ain’t enough to make you stand out in a crowd; you’ve also got to know how to wear it. T-Dot rhymesayer Fundament, for one, prefers to rock his fitted with the Brim Low. Not only does it look stylish, it helps to hide the redness in his eyes when he’s been “smoking on that Teddy Pendergrass.” His first Booth feature since blessing our pages with Booth-exclusive freestyle Distilled, the lead single off the emcee’s debut full-length is a street banger with a smoky, noirish feel. With Kxngs’ resonant piano loops and clicking hi-hats as his canvas, Fundament paints a vivid lyrical portrait of a young emcee on his hustle. After an overview of the moves he’s been making in the game, he assures listeners that this is just the beginning of his rise to prominence: “On my next work I’m like Escher, my steps never gonna stop.” Feeling it? Then stay tuned; freshman LP 15Blocks currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/4/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Don't Stop" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.