When a crew call themselves “Fun.,” you know you’re in for an enjoyable listen, right? If the fact that their name is synonymous with good times and the ungrammatical yet oh-so-authoritative period fail to convince you that the Fueled by Ramen trio are more you-know-what than a barrel of monkeys, then a listen to the NYC natives’ first Booth feature should set you straight. The B-Side to Janelle Monae-assisted single We Are Young, One Foot finds EMILE and Jeff Bhasker serving up an eccentrically catchy blend of brash horns and stumbling percussion to back philosophical verses from crewmates Andrew, Jack and Nate. Though the subject matter isn’t exactly lighthearted (Reflecting on the discrepancy between human suffering and the idea of a loving God, they protest: “I got friends locked in boxes, that’s no way to live / What you’re calling a sin isn’t up to them / After all, I thought we were all your children.”) the record’s upbeat, left-of-center sound should ensure listeners walk away from it smiling. Unique, thought-provoking, and, well, fun, this joint can be found on forthcoming LP Some Days, dropping Feb. 21. Fans who pre-order via the group’s official site will be eligible for weekly giveaways, while those who do so on iTunes will receive a bonus acoustic version of Carry On.
Written by richard on 12/21/11
Submit your Rating
Fueled By Ramen
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)