There aren’t a lot of rap groups coming from Arizona, and even fewer comprised of emcees originally from Alaska and Texas, but then again, there aren’t a lot of rap groups that sound like Full |REBEL| Jacket. For their DJBooth debut, Rebel Jacket slides over a world premiere in the form of new single Purple Lights, an emotionally strong cut that kicks off with yet more soulful vocals from DJBoothTV veteran BJ The Chicago Kid. With a slowly smoking, self-produced beat setting the pace, FRJ emcees G and Q give us a taste of the lyrical precision and honesty emanating from the desert state: “I look to the sky to keep me grounded / if your ego is a drug don’t overdose.” With a opening effort like this, I’m sure some legit anticipation will begin building on The DJBooth for the release of Full Rebel Jacket’s upcoming EP, the REBEL, set to hit the world’s eardrums on September 3.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/19/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.