With their first Booth feature, mid-July’s pensive Purple Lights, Full | REBEL| Jacket set a lofty standard. Can G and Q pole-vault over it with the follow-up? Never say never. Contrary to its title, Higher doesn’t have anything to do with Mary Jane—though the crew’s own slow-rolling, sax-laced production sounds like it would mix well with a little THC. Instead, it finds the Arizona-based crew rhyming about their determination to elevate their game to ever-higher plateaus of dopeness. Nikkiya, the ATL fave who brought us SPEAKHER OVERLOAD, provides guest vocals. Fans will be able to find this cut and much more on the group’s REBEL EP, scheduled to drop September 3.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.