With their first Booth feature, mid-July’s pensive Purple Lights, Full | REBEL| Jacket set a lofty standard. Can G and Q pole-vault over it with the follow-up? Never say never. Contrary to its title, Higher doesn’t have anything to do with Mary Jane—though the crew’s own slow-rolling, sax-laced production sounds like it would mix well with a little THC. Instead, it finds the Arizona-based crew rhyming about their determination to elevate their game to ever-higher plateaus of dopeness. Nikkiya, the ATL fave who brought us SPEAKHER OVERLOAD, provides guest vocals. Fans will be able to find this cut and much more on the group’s REBEL EP, scheduled to drop September 3.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.