With their first Booth feature, mid-July’s pensive Purple Lights, Full | REBEL| Jacket set a lofty standard. Can G and Q pole-vault over it with the follow-up? Never say never. Contrary to its title, Higher doesn’t have anything to do with Mary Jane—though the crew’s own slow-rolling, sax-laced production sounds like it would mix well with a little THC. Instead, it finds the Arizona-based crew rhyming about their determination to elevate their game to ever-higher plateaus of dopeness. Nikkiya, the ATL fave who brought us SPEAKHER OVERLOAD, provides guest vocals. Fans will be able to find this cut and much more on the group’s REBEL EP, scheduled to drop September 3.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.