With their first Booth feature, mid-July’s pensive Purple Lights, Full | REBEL| Jacket set a lofty standard. Can G and Q pole-vault over it with the follow-up? Never say never. Contrary to its title, Higher doesn’t have anything to do with Mary Jane—though the crew’s own slow-rolling, sax-laced production sounds like it would mix well with a little THC. Instead, it finds the Arizona-based crew rhyming about their determination to elevate their game to ever-higher plateaus of dopeness. Nikkiya, the ATL fave who brought us SPEAKHER OVERLOAD, provides guest vocals. Fans will be able to find this cut and much more on the group’s REBEL EP, scheduled to drop September 3.
Written by richard on 08/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.