On a cut featured earlier this month, Maryland’s Kwame Darko informed listeners that, despite his difficulties in the romantic arena, he’s remained a glass-Half Full kind of guy. Philly buzzmaker Fuge does the Maryland emcee one better on his first feature (a Booth-exclusive world premiere); his Cup is full to the brim with lean, and it’s Spilling. All the weed and promethazine in the rapper’s system doesn’t stop him from lacing StashBokz‘s guitar-laced beat with engaging, high-energy rhymes. In addition to handling production, Stash steps out from behind the boards to deliver the record’s middle verse, and fellow newcomer Young Savage rounds out the guest lineup. Has this dope debut left you thirsty for more? Then be sure to cop Fuge’s Catch Me if You Can LP when it drops digitally in January of 2014.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Fuge’s Yinka Soda-directed Cup Spilling visual.
Written by richard on 10/30/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.