Sin Castle and Chance are the kind of guys who, if you moved into their neighborhood, would be on your doorstep with a fruit basket before you even had time to return the U-Haul and start unpacking. In other words, they’re “Friendly Strangers... in your area.” Thus, I have a feeling that Boothgoers will take an immediate liking to the duo upon hitting “play” on the Chi-town duo’s first Booth feature and latest single, Excel. Here, the twosome’s own smooth yet bass-bumping, string-sampled boardwork (complete with an iconic vocal sample from Nas’ It Ain’t Hard to Tell) set the stage for braggadocious yet amiable verses celebrating the twosome’s prowess on the mic. Now that you’re acquainted with the Friendly Strangers, do you want to get to know them better? If so, you can start by copping their self-titled EP, released August 6, and available for purchase via the duo’s Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 08/31/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)