The weekend is almost tangible again, and California up-and-comers The Freshmen have a track that’ll let your celebrations start off in style (for those who aren’t running around trying to find the last stuffed bear or oversized chocolate heart, at least). With the premiere of their new single, Imagine, emcees A. Wolf and Kristo bring their exceptional talents to another level over yet another banging, subtly horn and organ infused THX production. With “an ode to what used to be”, The Freshmen use this promo single to pour over the entire time spectrum, from what has passed to what will be - “And me? I’m addicted to the glare/ and until we find the heat I’m blowing kisses in the air/ and until we find the peak I guess I’m bringing sand to the beach” - all with the style that has made them the Booth-acclaimed artists we’ve heard on previous releases Dreamin’ California and Contact. While this record is currently unattached to a larger project, if you liked daydreaming to this, be sure to keep a lookout for much more from The Freshman coming soon to DJBooth.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!