The weekend is almost tangible again, and California up-and-comers The Freshmen have a track that’ll let your celebrations start off in style (for those who aren’t running around trying to find the last stuffed bear or oversized chocolate heart, at least). With the premiere of their new single, Imagine, emcees A. Wolf and Kristo bring their exceptional talents to another level over yet another banging, subtly horn and organ infused THX production. With “an ode to what used to be”, The Freshmen use this promo single to pour over the entire time spectrum, from what has passed to what will be - “And me? I’m addicted to the glare/ and until we find the heat I’m blowing kisses in the air/ and until we find the peak I guess I’m bringing sand to the beach” - all with the style that has made them the Booth-acclaimed artists we’ve heard on previous releases Dreamin’ California and Contact. While this record is currently unattached to a larger project, if you liked daydreaming to this, be sure to keep a lookout for much more from The Freshman coming soon to DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 02/10/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.