The weekend is almost tangible again, and California up-and-comers The Freshmen have a track that’ll let your celebrations start off in style (for those who aren’t running around trying to find the last stuffed bear or oversized chocolate heart, at least). With the premiere of their new single, Imagine, emcees A. Wolf and Kristo bring their exceptional talents to another level over yet another banging, subtly horn and organ infused THX production. With “an ode to what used to be”, The Freshmen use this promo single to pour over the entire time spectrum, from what has passed to what will be - “And me? I’m addicted to the glare/ and until we find the heat I’m blowing kisses in the air/ and until we find the peak I guess I’m bringing sand to the beach” - all with the style that has made them the Booth-acclaimed artists we’ve heard on previous releases Dreamin’ California and Contact. While this record is currently unattached to a larger project, if you liked daydreaming to this, be sure to keep a lookout for much more from The Freshman coming soon to DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 02/10/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.