The weekend is almost tangible again, and California up-and-comers The Freshmen have a track that’ll let your celebrations start off in style (for those who aren’t running around trying to find the last stuffed bear or oversized chocolate heart, at least). With the premiere of their new single, Imagine, emcees A. Wolf and Kristo bring their exceptional talents to another level over yet another banging, subtly horn and organ infused THX production. With “an ode to what used to be”, The Freshmen use this promo single to pour over the entire time spectrum, from what has passed to what will be - “And me? I’m addicted to the glare/ and until we find the heat I’m blowing kisses in the air/ and until we find the peak I guess I’m bringing sand to the beach” - all with the style that has made them the Booth-acclaimed artists we’ve heard on previous releases Dreamin’ California and Contact. While this record is currently unattached to a larger project, if you liked daydreaming to this, be sure to keep a lookout for much more from The Freshman coming soon to DJBooth.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.